- A deposit of 40% of the total holiday charge is required on booking. If your self catering holiday is less than 6 weeks away when booking, the full amount is due at this time. No reminders will be sent for deposits or balance payments and no booking is firm until your deposit or the full amount has been received and our confirmation returned to you. Payment of the balance of the total cost of the holiday is due 6 weeks before the date on which the holiday is to commence.
Please note: - If we have not received payment in full 4 weeks before the start of your holiday we reserve the right to cancel your booking and re-let the cottage. In these circumstances your deposit would be forfeit.
- All bookings are from 3:00 pm on the first day of the booking to 10:00 am on the last day of the booking.
- The number of persons using the holiday cottage is not to exceed the maximum number stated in the web site or on the booking form.
- The owner of the cottage or his representative is to be allowed access to the property at any reasonable time during any holiday occupancy.
- The owner reserves the right to decline entry to the accommodation or to expel any occupier or visitor for unacceptable behaviour, which in their sole view is detrimental to the neighbourhood.
- The owners are not to be held responsible for the loss of any valuables or property left on or around the premises; guests and their visitors must ensure that they take all reasonable steps to ensure their own safety and that of others and their property. The owners will not accept responsibility for any injury or loss caused whilst in or around the property.
- Any problems found with any appliance or fixture or fitting must be reported promptly to the owners who will ensure that within a reasonable time this is repaired or alternative arrangements made. Holidaymakers should not attempt repairs to the property themselves.
- The holidaymaker undertakes to keep the premises and all furniture, fixtures, fitting and effects in or on the premises in the same state of repair and condition as they were at the commencement of the letting and shall report to and pay to the owners for all and any damage, however caused, to the furniture, fittings and effects that is incapable of being restored to its former state.
- The accommodation must be vacated by 10.00 am on the leaving date to allow for cleaning and maintenance. The accommodation must be left in the same clean and tidy condition as found. The owner reserves the right to levy a supplemental charge if additional cleaning is required after the holidaymakers departure.
- Should the holidaymaker need to cancel within twelve weeks of the start date of the booking then they will be bound to pay in full for that booking. Payment must be made whether or not full payment has been made at the time of cancellation. Holidaymakers are therefore advised to take out holiday cancellation insurance. However if the accommodation is re let for the period of the cancelled holiday, any monies received for the re-let holiday will be refunded to the holidaymaker.
- The owner reserves the right to cancel or alter holiday arrangements for any reason beyond their control. In the unlikely event of any occurrence making it necessary for the owner to cancel the booking, the owner's liability shall be limited to the return of all moneys paid.
- It is strongly recommended that the holidaymaker takes out holiday insurance.
- Honeykiln cottage is to be used solely as holiday accommodation and therefore is exempt from security of tenure acts.